Monday, January 14, 2008

What Just Happened ?

Well, let me tell you what just happened. I got the Sundance magazine out at the weekend and decided to brave it and ask for interviews with the best in the business. Aim for the sky and you'll land on the clouds is my policy.

I started off by short listing a few films which had some big name actors. What Just Happened ?, jumped out. It's a behind the scenes look at Hollywood and follows the trials and tribulations of a producer. It fitted well with Making It In Hollywood. I looked at the cast. Robert De Niro was playing the lead role of the Producer. Then I noticed that Bruce Willis and Sean Penn were also in the film playing themselves.

I spent a few hours today doing some googling today and eventually found some contacts from the production company. Tonight, I carefully crafted an email giving some details about UK Theatre Network and Making It In Hollywood and requested a brief interview and gave them the dates that I was in Salt Lake City.

Within two minutes a reply came back with three others copied and requested to deal with my request. Ten minutes later a reply came back from someone else who had been forwarded the email. "Bruce Willis and Sean Penn are not going to Sundance and DeNiro is only interviewing on the red carpet on the 19th". I couldn't get accomodation on the 19th when I attempted 2 months ago, so I've just missed out.

A quick request for some images and two minutes later my email was forwarded to someone else who was asked "Please send Douglas some art". Six minutes later, the following three images arrived and I was immediately online and posting this blog out to around 10,000 people.

The power of the internet.

I'm looking forward to seeing the film when I'm over there. Enjoy the pictures. I'll let you know how I get on with the other requests.


Robert De Niro and Moon Bloodgood


Robert De Niro and Barry Levinson (director)

Catherine Keener and Robert De Niro

No comments: